The movement of the Chronomètre FB 1.2 has a low-frequency tourbillon (3 Hz) with direct-drive centre seconds and constant force regulation by fusee-and-chain transmission. This reversed mechanism based on an original construction occupies an exceptionally small space in the movement thanks to a suspended-type construction.
Revisiting the Ferdinand Berthoud spirit
Issued in an exclusive 50-piece series, the Chronomètre FB 1.2 is the first model in the collection. Its vertical satin-brushed black dial is framed by an octagonal rose gold case with black ceramic lugs. Its sides feature four watertight portholes revealing the intricate workings of Calibre FB-T.FC with its pillar-type architecture. The transparent sapphire case-back provides a chance to admire the 1,120-part tourbillon movement with fusee-and-chain transmission. Four patent applications have been filed for certain mechanisms of this COSC-certified movement.
Both contemporary and technical, this exceptional model reinterprets the mechanical prowess and extreme precision of the Marine Chronometers that Ferdinand Berthoud produced in the 18th century for the French King and Navy.
The constant force transmitted to the escapement via the fusee-and-chain mechanism is the result of three years’ R&D, resulting in exceptional and rating regularity, certified by the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC).
Connected to the barrel via a driving wheel, a suspended truncated cone moves up and down along an arbor fitted to the mainplate. The position on the cone of a feeler spindle reflects the state of wind of the barrel, which then passes on the level of the movement’s power reserve to the hand of the dedicated display.
Case & Dial
- Thickness : 13 MM
- Material : Case in 18-carat rose gold (5N) with black ceramic lugs elements
- Case Type : Octagonal case fitted with four watertight portholes in glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Diameter : 44 MM
- Thickness : 13 MM
- Water resistance : 30M
- Glass : Domed, arched and glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Crown type : Dynamometric crown in 18-carat rose gold (5N) with black ceramic medallion
- Screw-in case-back with glareproofed sapphire crystal
- 50-piece limited and numbered edition
- Calibre : FB-T.FC
- Type Of Movement : Mechanical hand-wound movement
- Type Of Winding : Tourbillon with constant force device with fusee-and-chain transmission
- Diameter : 35.5 MM
- Тhickness : 7.96 MM
- Lines : 15 ¾
- Number of jewels : 46
- Frequency : 21'600 A/h (3 Hz)
- Power reserve : 53 hours
- Number of components : 1120
- Chain length : 285 MM
- Certification : Chronometer-certified by the COSC
Dial and Hands
- Dial : Vertical satin-finish black dial with cut-out centre
- Bronze gold plated seconds hand
Functions and Display
- Display of the hours, minutes at 12 o’clock
- Central seconds
- Power-reserve display in an openworked subdial at 9 o’clock
- Tourbillon at 6 o’clock
Strap and Buckle
- Strap : Hand-sewn rolled-edge alligator leather strap
- Buckle : 18-carat rose gold (5N) double-blade length-adjustable safety folding clasp