The Chronomètre FB 1 draws its inspiration from the Marine Clocks of Swiss watchmaker Ferdinand Berthoud. Intense updating has been carried out in order to interpret the mechanical prowess and remarkable precision of these chronometers in a resolutely contemporary spirit.
Revisiting the Ferdinand Berthoud spirit
Issued in an exclusive 50-piece series, the Chronomètre FB 1.1 is the first model in the collection. Its vertical satin-brushed ruthenium dial is framed by an octagonal white gold case with titanium lugs. Its sides feature four watertight portholes revealing the intricate workings of Calibre FB-T.FC with its pillar-type architecture. The transparent sapphire case-back provides a chance to admire the 1,120-part tourbillon movement with fusee-and-chain transmission. Four patent applications have been filed for certain mechanisms of this COSC-certified movement.
Both contemporary and technical, this exceptional model reinterprets the mechanical prowess and extreme precision of the Marine Chronometers that Ferdinand Berthoud produced in the 18th century for the French King and Navy.
The unprecedented Calibre FB-T.FC with its pillar-type architecture is equipped with a low-frequency reversed upside-down tourbillon with direct-drive centre seconds and constant-force regulation via suspended fusee-and-chain transmission system that enables it to occupy a minimum of space at the heart of the movement. The result is an incredibly light mechanism, which may be admired through the four lateral portholes of the octagonal case.
The year of its launch, the Chronomètre FB 1 was awarded the 2016 “Aiguille d'Or” ‘Best in Show’ prize at the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) for its inventiveness, modernity and technicality. A highlight of the international watchmaking calendar, the event rewards watchmaking excellence and innovation.
- Material : Case in 18-carat white gold with titanium lugs elements
- Case Type : Octagonal case fitted with four watertight portholes in glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Diameter : 44 MM
- Water resistance : 30M
- Glass : Domed, arched and glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Crown type : Dynamometric crown in 18-carat white gold with 18-carat rose gold medallion
- Screw-in case-back with glareproofed sapphire crystal
- 50-piece limited and numbered edition
- Calibre : FB-T.FC
- Type Of Movement : Mechanical hand-wound movement
- Type Of Winding : Tourbillon with constant force device with fusee-and-chain transmission
- Diameter : 35.5 MM
- Тhickness : 7.96 MM
- Lines : 15 ¾
- Number of jewels : 46
- Frequency : 21'600 A/h (3 Hz)
- Power reserve : 53 hours
- Number of components : 1120
- Chain length : 285 MM
- Certification : Chronometer-certified by the COSC
Dial and Hands
- Dial : Vertical satin-finish ruthenium dial with cut-out centre
- Bronze blued (CVD) seconds hand
Functions and Display
- Display of the hours, minutes at 12 o’clock
- Central seconds
- Power-reserve display in an openworked subdial at 9 o’clock
- Tourbillon at 6 o’clock
Strap and Buckle
- Strap : Hand-sewn rolled-edge alligator leather strap
- Buckle : 18-carat white gold double-blade length-adjustable safety folding clasp