The age and phases of the moon indication is a patented complication. It consists of the display of the moon's age in days, marked from 1 to 14 on a sector swept over by a hand moving back and forth. Facing these number of days, circles are spread over the same sector as the days go by. They symbolise the moon in a mathematical way: from the new moon to the full moon, passing through quarters.
"Near side of the moon"
Imbued with the scientific spirit of the Enlightenment, the Chronomètre FB 1L.1 is at the crossroads between astronomy and chronometry. A large hand at 6 o’clock indicates the age and phases of the moon in a continuous back and forth movement. This patent-pending complication, combined with the constant force of the FB-T.FC.L Calibre, ensures astronomical precision corresponding to a one-day difference in 577 years of operation. Available in a ten-piece limited edition, the FB 1L.1 “Near Side of the Moon” favours a warm and luminous approach. It features a silver-toned dial and a case made of 18-carat white gold and black ceramic lugs, housing the manufacture tourbillon movement with fusee-and-chain transmission.
Composed of a cam rotating counter clockwise, this original mechanism is inspired by a system for displaying the equation of time developed by Ferdinand Berthoud in 1752. It was based on the use of a feeler-spindle arm that followed an equation of time cam. In this instance, however, it is an age-of-the-moon cam.
The FB 1L collection pays tribute to this work and to the movements that pioneered chronometric precision. Its case is inspired by Ferdinand Berthoud's marine chronometers, turning some signature elements such as the lateral porthole into a modern interpretation.
- Material : Case in 18-carat white gold with black ceramic lugs elements
- Case Type : Octagonal fitted with two watertight portholes in glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Diameter : 44 MM
- Thickness : 13.95 MM
- Water resistance : 30M
- Glass : Domed, arched and glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Crown type : Dynamometric in 18-carat white gold with black ceramic medallion
- Knurled 18-carat white gold L/H (Moon/Time) selector
- Screw-in case-back with glareproofed sapphire crystal
- 10-piece limited and numbered edition
- Calibre : FB-T.FC.L
- Type Of Movement : Mechanical hand-wound
- Type Of Winding : Tourbillon with constant force device with fusee-and-chain transmission
- Diameter : 37.30 MM
- Тhickness : 9.38 MM
- Lines : 16 ½
- Number of jewels : 55
- Frequency : 21'600 A/h (3 Hz)
- Power reserve : 53 hours
- Number of components : 1240
- Chain length : 285 MM
- Certification : Chronometer-certified by the COSC
Dial and Hands
- Dial : Rhodium-plated sandblasted brass
- Bronze blued (CVD) seconds hand
- Steel blued (CVD) lunar-cycle hand and fixed moon-phase index (4 o'clock)
Functions and Display
- Display of the hours, minutes at 12 o’clock
- Age and phases of the moon display at 6 o'clock
- Waning or waxing moon phases indicator at 4 o'clock
- Central seconds
- Power-reserve on the back of the movement
Strap and Buckle
- Strap : Hand-sewn rolled-edge alligator leather
- Buckle : 18-carat white gold double-blade length-adjustable safety folding clasp