The display of the age of the moon is complemented by another function revealed through a dial opening between 4 and 5 o’clock, showing the current moon phase, waxing or waning, thereby indicating whether the moon-age indicator hand is rising (up to day 14) or returning (to the new moon). The patented L/H (Moon/Time) selector mechanism on the side of the case allows easily to set either the moon phase or the time.
"Far side of the moon"
Imbued with the scientific spirit of the Enlightenment, the Chronomètre FB 1L.4 is at the crossroads between astronomy and chronometry. A large hand at 6 o’clock indicates the age and phases of the moon in a continuous back and forth movement. This patent-pending complication, combined with the constant force of the FB-T.FC.L calibre, ensures astronomical precision corresponding to a one-day difference in 577 years of operation. Available in a ten-piece limited edition, the FB 1L.4 “Far Side of the Moon” evokes the dark and mysterious tones of the Moon's hidden face. It features a black-toned dial and a case made of anthracite ceramised titanium & 18-carat sandblasted white gold, housing the manufacture tourbillon movement with fusee-and-chain transmission.
The feeler-spindle arm at 9 o’clock follows the movement of the cam and moves from the right to the left, thus generating the back and forth movement of the hand thanks to the tooth and steel spring.
The movement has a low-frequency tourbillon (3 Hz) with direct-drive centre seconds and constant force regulation by fusee-and-chain transmission. This reversed mechanism based on an original construction occupies an exceptionally small space in the movement thanks to a suspended-type construction.
- Material : Case in anthracite ceramised titanium & 18-carat sandblasted white gold
- Case Type : Octagonal case fitted with two watertight portholes in glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Diameter : 44 MM
- Thickness : 13.95 MM
- Water resistance : 30M
- Glass : Domed, arched and glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Crown type : Dynamometric crown in 18-carat sandblasted white gold
- Knurled anthracite ceramised titanium gold L/H (Moon/Time) selector
- Screw-in case-back with glareproofed sapphire crystal
- 10-piece limited and numbered edition
- Calibre : FB-T.FC.L
- Type Of Movement : Mechanical hand-wound movement
- Type Of Winding : Tourbillon with constant force device with fusee-and-chain transmission
- Diameter : 37.30 MM
- Тhickness : 9.38 MM
- Lines : 16 ½
- Number of jewels : 55
- Frequency : 21'600 A/h (3 Hz)
- Power reserve : 53 hours
- Number of components : 1240
- Chain length : 285 MM
- Certification : Chronometer-certified by the COSC
Dial and Hands
- Dial : Moon plate (dial) in black PVD-coated sandblasted brass
- 18-carat black nickel-plated gold power reserve hand
- Bronze rhodium plated seconds hand
- Steel lunar-cycle hand and fixed moon-phase index (4 o'clock)
Functions and Display
- Display of the hours, minutes at 12 o’clock
- Age and phases of the moon display at 6 o'clock
- Waning or waxing moon phases indicator at 4 o'clock
- Central seconds
- Power-reserve on the back of the movement
Strap and Buckle
- Strap : Hand-sewn rolled-edge alligator leather strap
- Buckle : Titanium double-blade length-adjustable safety folding clasp